Orlando Wrongful Termination Attorney
We Know The Line Between Illegal And Unfair
If you have been fired or forced to quit because you asserted a right that is protected under the law, you may be able to pursue a claim for wrongful termination and recover what you have lost. Although Florida is an “at-will” employment state, companies still must provide a safe working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment, and allow employees to safely exercise their rights. When that doesn’t happen, you need a lawyer.
At the Law Office of William M. Julien, P.A., in Boynton Beach, we believe in holding Orlando employers accountable for their actions. If you believe you have been fired unfairly, an attorney at our firm can evaluate your case and provide the clarity and guidance you need as you seek justice.
When Employers Cross The Legal Line
Legally, you cannot be fired, laid off or forced to quit for any of the following reasons:
- Discrimination over your race, gender, age, disability status, national origin or veteran status
- Filing for workers’ compensation
- Taking protected time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Being a whistleblower
- Reporting workplace safety concerns
- Voicing concerns about discrimination against another employee
- Reporting unpaid overtime or other wage and hour issues
- Supporting a union
- Your employer wanting to avoid unemployment insurance obligations
Even if you’re not sure you have a case, it is important to consult with an experienced Orlando employment law attorney as soon as possible. We can help you understand your rights and how to protect them. Also, don’t forget to contact the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity to explore getting unemployment benefits during this time.
Don’t Accept A Questionable Termination. We Can Help.
Attorney William M. Julien gives every wrongful termination case his personal attention and can walk you through the sometimes-complicated claims process. For a free initial consultation with wrongful termination lawyer Julien, call our firm at 561-560-5597 or contact us online.