West Palm Beach Race Discrimination Attorney
While racial discrimination on the job is more sophisticated and can be hard to prove, it still occurs. If you have experienced race discrimination in the workplace, discrimination lawyer William Julien can analyze the facts of your situation and advise you of your rights under Florida and federal law.
At the Law Office of William M. Julien, P.A., we represent clients in discrimination claims in West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach and other communities in South Florida. For a free consultation about your potential race or color discrimination claim, call 866-569-7398.
Race Discrimination in the Workplace
Race discrimination is a degrading experience. When it occurs in the workplace, it is illegal under both state and federal law.
Employment race discrimination can take many different forms:
- Denial of promotion based on race or color
- Racial emails and pictures
- Disparities in pay, benefits or working conditions
- Unequal treatment of employees of different race or color
- Firing someone based on race or color
- Disparities in layoffs or downsizing
- Retaliation for filing a race discrimination claim or supporting the claim of another employee
Proving race discrimination can be difficult, for employers often offer pretexts for discriminatory behavior. For example, the employer may claim that a termination had nothing to do with race. However, if employees of color are terminated for conduct for which other employees only receive a warning, that is evidence of discrimination. Attorney William M. Julien is experienced in investigating your company’s practices to prove racial discrimination.
Racial Harassment in the Workplace
Harassment is a form of discrimination. The following are examples of racial harassment in the workplace:
- Telling racial jokes or using racial slurs
- Toleration of inappropriate comments or hate graffiti in the workplace
- Assaults and other abusive behavior
Contact a Florida Racial Harassment Attorney Serving West Palm Beach
We never charge for a consultation, and we invite you to call us if you think you are experiencing racial discrimination or harassment. To learn more about your legal options, call West Palm Beach race discrimination lawyer William M. Julien at 561-560-7388 (866-569-7398 toll-free) or send us an email.