Understanding Different Types of Workplace Discrimination
Types of Discrimination in Florida
An employer’s motivation to promote, hire or fire an employee, is not always based on his or her performance. Such action can be based on other reasons, ones that are often against the law.
There are many different ways that employers can unlawfully discriminate against their employees.
- People over the age of 40 are protected by federal law from being discriminated against in favor of younger workers.
- A worker’s career may be stalled or thwarted by discrimination based on gender.
- Pregnant women can face employment barriers, sometimes finding themselves demoted or even fired after taking guaranteed leave.
- If an employer refuses to make scheduling allowances for the Sabbath or religious holidays, this may constitute religious discrimination.
- Employers can discriminate against a worker based on his or her sexual orientation.
How Do You Know You Have A Claim? Contact Us to Find Out.
Sometimes discrimination can be hard to detect. It can be hard to know if you should complain about the treatment you’re facing.
If you believe you are facing discrimination, contact a lawyer with the Law Office of William M. Julien, P.A., at 866-569-7398 to find out.
No matter where you live in Florida , you can speak with an attorney over a free consultation about what’s happening to you at work. With over 20 years of experience, we can help provide clarity about your legal rights and help you find a solution.
Don’t Endure Unfair Treatment in the Workplace
Our firm can help you assert your rights in the workplace, just as we have in many other successful cases.
Local Law Firm Representing Clients Throughout Florida
- Fort Lauderdale – Employee Rights
- Fort Lauderdale – Racial Discrimination
- Fort Lauderdale – Racial Harassment
- Miami – Racial Discrimination
- Tampa- Discrimination
- West Palm Beach -Race Discrimination
Commonly asked questions about workplace discrimination: