Workplace Discrimination Lawyer In Florida
No one deserves to have his or her livelihood threatened, and no one should have to put up with discrimination or other offensive behaviors at work. An employer’s motivation to promote, hire or fire an employee is not always based on his or her performance. Such action can be based on other reasons, ones that are often against the law.
Since 2002, our attorneys at the Law Office of William M. Julien, P.A., have been aggressively advocating for workers throughout Florida who have faced illegal employment actions. Our firm has helped many other clients, and we can help you, too.
Discrimination Takes Many Forms
There are many different ways that employers can unlawfully discriminate against their employees. Some examples are cited below:
- People over the age of 40 too often face discrimination based on age, and employers make hiring and firing decisions in favor of younger workers.
- A worker’s career may be stalled or thwarted by discrimination based on gender.
- Pregnant women can face employment barriers, sometimes finding themselves demoted or even fired after taking job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- If an employer refuses to make scheduling allowances for the Sabbath or religious holidays, this may constitute religious discrimination.
- Employers can discriminate against a worker based on his or her sexual orientation.
Although you are facing an uphill battle, you don’t have to fight alone. Instead, trust our experienced and caring attorneys to provide the knowledgeable and personalized representation you deserve.
Do You Have A Claim? Contact Us To Discuss Your Options For Free.
Sometimes discrimination can be hard to detect. It can be hard to know if you should complain about the treatment you’re facing. If you believe you are facing discrimination, contact a lawyer at the Law Office of William M. Julien, P.A., to discuss your concerns in a free initial consultation. We can help provide clarity about your legal rights and help you find a solution.