Orange County Employment Law Attorney
If you have been fired, or forced to quit, because you asserted a right that is protected under the law, you may be able to pursue a claim for wrongful termination and recover what you have lost. Although Florida is an "at-will" employment state, companies still must provide a safe working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment, and allow employees to safely exercise their rights at all time.
At the Law Office of William M. Julien, P.A., in Boca Raton, we believe in holding Orlando employers accountable for their actions. Not every job termination is illegal and, in many cases, even if a firing seems unfair, it is still not against the law. When the termination is illegal, however, our firm has experience protecting the rights of our clients and helping them to pursue the compensation that they deserve.
Orlando Wrongful Termination Lawyer
It is illegal for employees to be fired, forced to quit or selected for layoffs because of:
- Discrimination against their race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status or another protected class
- Filing a workers' comp claim
- Taking medical or family leave guaranteed by the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Blowing the whistle on unlawful activity by the company
- Complaining about discrimination or for supporting others' discrimination claims
- Complaining about safety violations, health concerns or unsafe working conditions
- Filing complaints about unpaid overtime, or other wage and hour issues
- Supporting a union
- The employer wants to avoid unemployment insurance obligations
If you believe that you have been fired due to illegal reasons, it is important to consult with an experienced Orlando employment law attorney, as soon as possible, to make sure you understand your rights and how to protect them.
Attorney William M. Julien gives every wrongful termination case his personal attention and can walk you through the sometimes complicated claims process. For a free, initial consultation with wrongful termination lawyer Julien, call our firm at 561-995-9990 or contact us online.