Protector Of Employee Rights

Free Consultation

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Workplace Harassment
  4.  » FAQs


Serving Boynton Beach, Florida, and surrounding communities of Palm Beach and Broward counties.

Depending on the situation and environment, workplace harassment can take various forms.

Below is a list of commonly asked questions regarding workplace harassment in Florida:

I Am Being Harassed At Work. Should I Report It Or Just Ignore It?

Always report the conduct. You don’t ever have to be the victim of harassment at work. It can be easy to ignore, especially if your supervisor or others in your company tell you that there is nothing that can be done about the harassment. There are laws in place that provide for legal recourse in the event of such harassment.

What Laws Protect Me Against Harassment At Work?

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is the federal law that protects all workers from various types of harassment at work. Local laws may also prohibit such actions.

What Can I Do About Sexual Harassment At Work?

As soon as you become aware of the discrimination, there are concrete steps you can take to begin addressing the problem:

1. Document everything: Each time an incident occurs, write down the time and place it occurred, who was present and a description of what happened. Keep a record of whether you or anyone complained and how the situation was resolved, if it was.

2. Keep records: Save any emails, mail or objects that contributed to the hostile work environment and keep them in a secure place.

3. Check your employee manual: Your company may have an official policy on sexual harassment with a process about how to report it. If you do not have an official company manual, gather whatever policy documents you do have.

4. Reach out to human resources: If your company has a human resources department, consider asking them to intervene on your behalf. They may be successful in stopping the harassment. Even if they are not, however, the fact that you reported the sexual harassment can strengthen your legal case.

5. Talk to an employment law attorney: If your company has no human resources department, or if you are too uncomfortable to report sexual harassment to them, reach out to a lawyer with expertise in this area of law. An attorney can help you take the appropriate steps to protect yourself and prove your claim.

Contact The Firm With Specific Questions About Your Workplace Situation

If you have specific questions about workplace harassment as it pertains to your individual situation, reach out to the Law Office of William M. Julien, P.A.

With over 20 years of experience in handling only employee-related claims, they carry the experience to provide the guidance you are looking for.

Call 888-993-4611. Free initial consultations are always provided.

Visit the firm’s verdicts and settlements page to learn about the firm’s previous successes.